JustWater has four programme partners, with many other local sites and organizations involved on their own behalf. The four key partners organizing the JustWater programme are:
St. George’s Cathedral, Cape Town
Known as ‘The People’s Cathedral’ for its role in the resistance against apartheid, St. George’s Cathedral is the oldest cathedral in Southern Africa and the mother church of the Anglican Diocese of Cape Town.
St George’s is both the Metropolitical Church of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa and a congregation in the Diocese of Cape Town. As such it serves many people of diverse backgrounds, both within and outside its own congregation, who look to the Cathedral for leadership, spiritual guidance and sustenance.
All that is done at the Cathedral is undertaken in the spirit of trust in and gratitude for God’s overarching love and the belief that through compassion shown to others, whoever they may be, God’s love is manifested in the world.
St. Paul’s Cathedral, London
For more than 1,400 years a Cathedral dedicated to St Paul has stood at the highest point in the City of London. The present Cathedral, the masterpiece of Britain’s most famous architect Sir Christopher Wren, is at least the fourth to have stood on the site. It was built between 1675 and 1710 after its predecessor was destroyed in the Great Fire of London.
Frequently at the centre of national events, traditions have been observed and radical new ideas have found expression under the iconic dome. St Paul’s has trained Choristers for over nine centuries who provide for daily worship, its choir and organ are world-renowned and reach thousands through services, broadcasts, concerts and recordings.
Today we work with the Bishop and Diocese of London and the wider church, as a spiritual focus for London, the nation and the world. Our community of worshippers, staff and volunteers work with care and imagination to create a centre for welcome, worship and learning. Through our Schools and Families Learning department, Collections, Adult Learning programme and the work of St Paul’s Institute we hope to inspire successive generations to engage with the richness of the Christian faith and its heritage.
Trinity Church Wall Street, New York
Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing, inclusive Episcopal community in New York City, founded in 1697. The parish welcomes approximately three million visitors per year to its historic Lower Manhattan sanctuaries, Trinity Church and St. Paul’s Chapel.
Now in its fourth century of ministry, Trinity advocates for a more just world locally and globally. As both a thriving New York City congregation and a global parish, Trinity has ties to communities and ministries seeking to serve and transform the world in Africa, Asia, and across the Americas.
Trinity’s mission focuses on worship, social justice, music, art, and education. Parish ministries include the distribution of Brown Bag Lunch every day for those in need of a meal; grants supporting transformative programs and communities; and programs designed to strengthen the worldwide Anglican Communion. The parish has a long history of ministry through the arts, presenting world-class music programs as well as offering performance opportunities and art programs for community members. Trinity also offers a variety of conferences, classes, workshops, lectures, retreats, and more throughout the year for all ages. More than 20 worship services are offered every week, many of which are webcast online.
St Paul’s Cathedral, Melbourne
St Paul’s Cathedral is the seat of the Anglican Primate of Australia and home church for Anglicans in Melbourne and Victoria and stands at the very heart of the City of Melbourne. In style, it echoes the grand Cathedrals of Europe. Designed by distinguished English revival architect William Butterfield, the Cathedral is built in the neo-Gothic transitional style, partly Early English and partly Decorated. Many consider St Paul’s to be Butterfield’s final masterpiece.
St Paul’s Cathedral has been an integral part of Christian Melbourne since the city’s foundation. It stands on the site where the first public Christian services in Melbourne were led by Dr Alexander Thomson in 1836 and aims to be a place of transformation where all people can come to experience and know God’s love in Christ Jesus.